Saturday, January 28, 2006

Telling grandma

So today I finally plucked up the courage to tell Grandma, hubbie's mother.
She'd been asking awkward questions for a while.
"What time Mass are you going to?" etc.
So today, while talking about the afterlife, I mentioned I no longer believed in it.
Things developed and I dropped in that I wasn't going to church.
Didn't go down well, but that was to be expected.
I am setting a bad example to the boys.
Why can't I just go?
Why couldn't I be like Steve (her nieces hubbie) who is an atheist and goes every week?

I muttered.

And why???

I muttered some more- I'm really no good at this.

But we got through it and we left her relatively settled.
Whether she will tell people, I just don't know, she might be too ashamed of me.
Only time will tell.
But hubbie was great.
He kept interrupting:
"She's the same person"
"She hasn't changed"
"She can still be good, even if she's not a Christian"

He really helped the whole process and I was so thankful he was there.

So, that's it with the telling.
On with life now...

No comments: