Friday, January 13, 2006

Butterflies

Butterflies
"Love is like a butterfly
As soft and gentle as a sigh
Their multicoloured moods of love
Are like their satin wings

Love makes your heart feel strange inside
It flutters like soft things in flight
Love is like a butterfly
A rare and gentle thing"

I still feel love
I still feel joy
I still experience pleasure
I can still be happy

I can still deal with difficulties as they arise
I can plan, problem solve, rationalise
I can have ambitions
I can work for the greater good and think on what that is

I may not have a god anymore to worship
That I can draw strength and grace and peace from

But I am still here
I can still live as fully as I did before
But on my own now
And that is sad and scary and frightening
But it is a truth I cannot avoid, I cannot get round
It is a truth I have to live with, I have to learn to live with.
I've turned into a butterfly whether I wanted to or not and now I have to learn
to fly...

No comments: