Sunday, March 19, 2006

Faith

Someone posted this in response to one of my self absorbed posts:
Self absorbed Cat post:
This and the point about orthopraxy is where I think I've got to. I can find no way to make the invisible visible to me anymore, but I am desperate for it to be so. I have worn my head out reading and thinking and I think I just have to admit defeat in that way, it as probably a stupid way to go anyway. I have found no magic way to persuade myself God is real, however much I want to. But I know I want to live the way I used to live, the way I believe the Jesus I knew taught me to, so I'm just going to do that and hope by doing so the invisible will reappear and become visible to me again.Thanks.
Cat
Reply:
Then let no one tell you you lack "faith".
The Epistle to the Hebrews, Chapter 11, Verse 1

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
You are as qualified to be called "Christian" as all the people who sit around so busy believing they haven't got time to do anything about it. More so, IMHO.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
That's a phrase I think I can live with. It's a different faith than the one I had, but it'll do. And kindness, I hope, will make it grow.
Thanks folks who've been there for me...
May the Lord you believe in bless you at all times.

And I'm still an atheist, I guess, I still see no god, but that is not as important to me as how I should live.
If God is there, the rest will follow. I can have hope in that.
If not, I have the lived the way I want to and the way I see the best to, with kindness, compassion and humour and I will have tried to follow the best teachings of a wise man, who was on the side of the poor and oppressed and the also rans.
That's not a bad way to live.

No comments: