Sunday, February 10, 2008

I'm OK, you're OK- and don't you forget it!

From Counselling for Toads by Robert de Board (great book)
"Being OK and believing that other are, requires behavious and attitudes which continually demonstrate this, both to yourself and others. And it certainly is not a shelter from the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune."

"I see" said Toad. "You mean to say that to say "I'm OK, you're OK" is really an act of faith?"

"Yes I do." answered Heron. "It is very near to being the Humanist's credo, a belief in oneself and others that does not require a belief in a god or the supernatural."

"You make it sound very solemn" said Toad.

"If by "solemn" you mean full of importance" said Heron "I don't disagree."

Neither do I.
I'm OK, you're OK.
And don't you forget it.
Cat xxx

No comments: